Do you have the feeling you need start doing something new? You need a change in your life but don’t know how to survive the job-search? This article can help you explore the secret signs of burn-out and explain what benefits mystery evaluation can bring you while you are not working full-time.
Do you get too tired by the end of the day?
You say you don’t have time to exercise, go out, learn new things, because you are way too exhausted in the evenings. Unless your job consists of demanding physical work, this should not be the case. It’s not the work that makes you tired. It’s the negative feelings about it that silently take away your energy and motivation.
Do little things at work annoy you more than they should?
You want to throw that coffee machine out the window. Even the eyebrows of a coworker you are sitting next to annoy you. Once your mood is not in the right place, you are more susceptible to letting things around you bother you more than they should. Just ask yourself…would you react the same way to these things if you were at home in a good mood? If not, it means that you feel frustrated and you need to change something.
Do you express your mood in days?
-How are you?
-You know, it’s Monday. – you answer frowning.
-How are you?
-I feel great! Are you kidding? It’s Friday.
The only thing that makes sense in your life is the weekend and spending the whole working week craving it? Five days waiting for two days? Job crisis alert!
Changing a job is never easy
– I don’t have time to search for a new job or go to job interviews. Who is going to pay my bills while I am not working? – you ask.
Searching for a job can be a difficult time in one’s life. Browsing job portals, adjusting your resume/CV, going for interviews, etc. But don’t forget: you have the power to organize your day. Finding additional sources of income has never been easier. We are living in a time of “online sharing”. You can share your car, or even become an Uber driver. Do you excel in a language or know much about your city? Teach language or offer guided tours! It will take you just a few clicks to publish your ad online.
Are you a fan of shopping? Are you particular about customer service? Then you might also want to become a mystery evaluator. You just have to register in the database of mystery shopping companies and look for projects on your job board. You can decide when, where and how often you would like to carry out a mystery visit. You go shopping anyway, don’t you?
If you become a mystery shopper:
- Spend more time moving around, which is far more exciting than sitting in an office looking at the same walls four months.
- Meet new people. Not only you will get to know sales advisors and gain important information about sales techniques, you will also be in contact with the employees of the mystery shopping company. Networking can never hurt, especially taking into consideration that these companies regularly hire their best evaluators for their own teams.
- Practice your communication skills: Most likely you do not have experience as an undercover agent. Mystery evaluation is full of surprises, sometimes you have to improvise and get yourself out of unexpected situations. Don’t forget: your identity can never be uncovered. Enjoy the adrenalin rush and become the best agent in town!
- Learn a lot about brands, help improve customer service standards and get paid in the meantime. This can be especially useful if you are looking to work in retail or marketing in the future.
No-one can promise that these types of income will compensate you for losing a full salary, but it is fun and might be enough to help you out for a couple of months until you find a job where you even like Mondays. Just don’t forget: Google is your friend! Explore your opportunities! Life is too short to do something you don’t like.