Employees are one of a company’s greatest assets. Recognition and appreciation is known as one of the key motivational factors in the workplace.
National Employee Appreciation Day was created as a way of focusing the attention of all the employers in all industries on employee recognition. BARE International would like to say a big THANK YOU, to ALL of our incredible staff and evaluators for making our company the success it is today.
An employer may show their appreciation of an employee’s efforts and contributions to the goals of the company in a variety of ways from rewards to verbal interactions. Expressing employee appreciation increases employee job satisfaction. Here National Day Calendar gives some great ideas on how to show your employees some appreciation:
- Be Flexible – Flexibility goes a long way in this virtual reality world. If possible with your industry, allowing a little flexibility can reap huge benefits when you need last minute work done.
- A Thank You Note – When a job has been done well, a heart-felt, hand-written thank you means more than a slap on the back or an e-mail sent off at the end of the day.
- Team Effort Celebration – If the team pulled together and made it happen, reward them with an office pizza party, casual dress day or even close the office early so they can spend some well earned time with family.
- Get Caught – Make sure the employee hears you telling someone else you thought they did a really great job.
- Create a Culture of Encouragement – Employees who expand their horizons bring new skills to your workforce and will encourage others to do so too. Praise their achievements and encourage others to pursue their goals.
If you have employees, be sure to show them some appreciation and use #EmployeeAppreciationDay to post on social media.
Happy National Employee Employee Appreciation Day from BARE International!